This activity was created with a primary focus on the movement of open players. The lack of support and mobility was identified during my teams’ games and hence the idea for this format came. It was applied to a U-10, U-11 boys and U-12 girls team while I was coaching in the USA with great success.
- Negative pass – vertical pass back
- Positive pass – vertical pass forward
The space used was not as large as the video demonstrates. For illustration purposes only and for easy viewing. It was probably somewhere around 25m by 15m.
The video illustrates several different situations according to the approach of the two defenders.
It is possible to identify the rich possibilities of the work by observing the amount of content involved:
- Lose the marker and attract opposition
- Free man and third man
- When to pass, when to drive
- Manipulate opposition to progress
- Play with your back to the marker
- Run into created space
- When to pass onto feet and when to pass in space
So, what do you think? Like, comment, share, subscribe and keep following for more!
E-book 35 Drills and Games for the Post Pandemic
Be prepared to coach your players while respecting the social distancing protocols but still having fun, improving their skills and keeping it safe for everyone!